Printing can be defined as a form of converting textual images and texts into a written form that is displayed on a paper. In early times the products involved in printing included cylinder seals and object that were Cyrus Cylinder and the Cylinders of Nabonidus. Initially the main printing that was applied to paper was woodlock printing. Which was firstly done in China before 220 A.D.? Later on more development was done in the printing field and the movable type was invented by Bi Sheng near 1040 AD and Johannes Gutenberg invented printing press in the 15th century. The development in the field of printing brought more scientific revolution and renaissance. Furthermore it provided an organization for the basis of economy for masses. Printing has been used since ancient times in various forms which have been modified with time span and know printing is the most used commodity for any running business.
Types of Printing
There are a lot of types of printing. A particular thing is printed in different forms. Following is the list of the main types of printing.
- Digital printing
In digital printing a digital-based image is printed on a flex or paper. It is a professional form of printing in which small startups for any business or maybe larger groups get their stuff printed. In this form of printing the large formats or high volume lasers are used for printing. Inkjet printers are also used for digital printing of data, text or image.
This is a very advanced form of printing. In this form a flexible relief plate is used and it can print almost any kind of substrate such as films, paper, metallic and also including plastic.
- Letterpress printing
This printing process comes from the flexography printing technique where one use rge relief printing but can make many copies of a particular image or texr produced by repetition of direct impressions of any inked surface. This is done against the sheets where the paper is continuously rolling.
- Offset printing
Offset printing is the most common form of printing. In this printing process the ink is used to copy images and print exactly the same image provided to the system. This offset printing technique is commonly used by students in shops.
It is a complex form of printing where one image is engraved onto another image carrier for printing. The images in the rotogravure are incised on the cylinder.
- Screen printing
Screen Printing is used to transfer ink on a substrate through a mesh. This is also a complex form of printing.
Uses/Advantages of Printing
- Printing is used in almost every field of working life.
- Printing is happening all over the schools, colleges and universities.
- Teachers need to get prints for their class whether it is worksheets or any other exam.
- Printing is used by business for their documentation, testation and even for their regular routine businesses.
- Printing is also used to print large format images, texts or any visuals for any home event which can be a birthday party, a bridal shower, a wedding ceremony, a wedding anniversary or a party.
- Printing process is also used to print a large number of invitation copies.
- Printing can be colored and black & white at the same time.
- Printing is also used to print large banners and flexes for big business events.
- Printing is also used to print advertisements and many other miscellaneous things.
- Printing is convenient in order to a large date copied.
- Printing is less time consuming.
- Printing helps in distribution of printed content easily.
- Printing is advantageous for people to spread their brochures.
- Printing decreases the manual struggle for work.
- Printing gives neat impression to your work.
- Printing increases the ease for people to read printed documents.
- Printing is a sign of professionalism.
Printing is a need now days. People cannot work without the printing facility. Schools, colleges, universities, business, companies or any other working enterprise cannot work without the facility of printing. From a student to teacher or an employee to the boss the printing facility is required by all. I also need 24 hours printing near me I also see people 24 hours printing near me. They just don’t stop because it cannot be stopped.
Printing is done 24 hourly in a lot of formats all over such as the following;
- 4-color offset printing is done for a lot of things which include labels- cut sheet, broachers, trading cards, envelops, rack cards, posters, mailings, notepads, mini menus, greeting cards, hang tags, letterheads, presentation folders, DVD inserts, catalogues, business cards, CD inserts, calendars, bookmarks and etc.
- Large format printing is done on a large scale for things such as yard signs stake, yard signs, wall decals, white canvas, step and repeat, stretched canvas, vehicle magnets, vinyl labels, window cling, vehicle decals, rider signs, signage, banner stands, mesh banners, presentation boards, retractable banners, counter cards, floor graphics and much more.
- 1&2 color printing is helpful for printing notepads, small flyers, clear translucent, notepads or business cards. This printing organizes the color selection for printing purposes as well.
- 4-color digital printing is doing its job on a very large scale it prints the small flyers, tear cards, magnets, plastics, greeting cards, poster cards, envelops, calendars, digital business cards, digital broachers, digital bookmarks, digital catalogues, digital university cards, digital school cards, digital college cards, CD inserts, CD inlays, digital brochure, digital card printings and many more.
All such forms are taken out by people every time. Printing has affected many lives and made them easy at work. Now, printing is also facilitated online on a large scale. There are printing shops everywhere for the purpose of facilitation. Wherever you go in the working market printing is one of the largest commodities being used by people 24/7.